Many photo resources are available below, showing different Arctic and Antarctic animals. Use them in the classroom by trying some of the following ideas:
- Show the PDF files on an interactive whiteboard and ask the children to describe them. What words / phrases could they use?
- Think about the habitats where these animals might be found. How are the creatures adapted to living there?
- Ask the pupils to choose a card at random and research information about the chosen animal.
- Choose two (or more) of the animals and think of ways they are similar / different.
- Ask children to create their own artwork using the photos as a starting point.
- Choose one of the cards at random and write a story that includes that animal.
If you have any new ideas about using these resources in the classroom, leave a comment below…