1) Choose a starting word (e.g. met).
2) Ask a child to change one letter in that word, to make a new word (e.g. change the “e” to an “a” to make the word “mat”)
3) Repeat this process, asking different children to change the letters to make as many new words as possible…
met … mat … sat … sit … sin … bin … bun … nun … nut … hut …
1) Give a starting word, and tell the children that they have to reach a certain finishing word in a fixed number of moves.
2) Allow the children to add or take away letters.
Possible Starting Words – mat, sit, dog, man, bin, barn, sun, mail