Lots of different food and drink originated in the rainforest. The posters below show twenty different types and can be used in the classroom in the ways suggested:
- Carry out a class survey to find out how many of the children have tried each type of food.
- Collect some examples of each type and have a rainforest food-tasting session.
- Think of words / phrases to describe the appearance / taste / texture of each type of food / drink.
- Give children a copy of the poster without labels and ask them to write the correct names.
- Use the posters on a classroom display.
- Find out where each type of food comes from. How far does it travel to reach our dinner plate? Could your class make a map to show where their food is from?
- Challenge children to find other food / drink that comes from the rainforest.