The rainforest is home to a wide range of animals. The posters below can be used to help children to think about the different animals that live there. There are three different posters, and they could be used in the classroom in a number of ways:
- Give children a copy of the poster with blank labels and challenge them to name the animals. Could they use research materials to find out any names that they are unsure of?
- Ask children to use the pictures as inspiration for their own drawings of different rainforest animals.
- The animals are not shown to scale on the posters. Ask children to find out how large they actually are and how they compare in terms of size.
- Make a food chain using some / all of the animals on the posters.
- Discuss the lives / features of each creature shown on the poster. How are they adapted to living in the rainforest? Which part of the rainforest do they live in?
- Print the labelled poster and use it on a classroom display.