A number of photo resources are available for download below, based on a selection of woodland animals. Here are some ways that they could be used in the classroom:
- Choose one of the animals in the photos and discuss any special abilities that it has.
- Choose two (or more) of the animals and think of ways they are similar / different.
- Think about the habitat of the animals. What is it like there? Why do these animals prefer to live there?
- Make instructions that teach people how to look after the woodland habitat.
- Think of words that can be used to describe each animal.
- Write an alliterative sentence about each animal, e.g. The slippery snake slithered along the smooth slope..
- Let children use them as the starting point for artwork. Could your children draw / paint some of the animals?
- Choose one of the cards at random and write a story that includes that animal.
If you have any new ideas about using these resources in the classroom, leave a comment below…
Similar resources are also available for other animals: