A number of resources are available for download below, all of which show different garden birds. Use them in the classroom by trying some of the following ideas:
- Show the PDF files on an interactive whiteboard and ask the children to describe the birds. What words / phrases could they use?
- Ask the pupils to choose a card at random and research information about the chosen animal.
- Choose two (or more) of the birds and think of ways they are similar / different.
- Ask children to create their own artwork using the photos as a starting point.
- Choose one of the cards at random and write a story that includes that bird.
- Use the observation sheet to keep a record of any birds that you spot in your garden / school area. Use the results to create graphs and charts. Can you repeat the survey at a later time and compare the results?
If you have any new ideas about using these resources in the classroom, leave a comment below…