Try the washing game with the children in your class. Commands are as follows:
- Skirt – Children sit on floor with legs stretched out wide.
- Trousers – Children sit on floor with legs outstretched together.
- Shorts – Children sit on floor, hugging legs into stomach.
- Dress – Children stand up with legs outstretched.
- Washing machine – Jump up and down on the spot.
- Spin Dryer – Spin around on the spot.
Emily Stephenson also suggested the following additions:
- Socks – bend over and touch toes
- Gloves – bend and stretch fingers
- Scarf – stretch up tall on tip toes
- Hat – walk round with hands on head
- Pants – children wiggle bottom
- Washing machine – children do a forward roll
- Hang out the washing – children bend down and touch the floor then jump up with their arms up
Can your class think of any more?