This activity can be used as a warm up to most PE lessons and my Y5 children still haven’t tired of it!!
Children respond to the following video controls, using the appropriate actions:
- Play – walk around
- Rewind – run / walk backwards
- Fast Forward – run
- Pause – jump on the spot
- Stop – stop
Emma Holliday has also added the following command:
- Eject – Jump Up!
Zoe also suggested:
- Record – pull a funny face!
Elaine also contributed the following suggestions:
- Search for the programme – get the children to skip sideways.
- Change – they then change direction.
- Slow Motion – walk in a slow exaggerated way.
Some more suggestions from Jill:
- Shift – 3 secs to move quickly to a different part of the room
- Spacebar – Find a space
- Delete – Flat on the ground, face down
- Control – Hold a position
Another suggestion from a visitor:
- Change disk – As part of a swimming lesson, this can be used to get the children to duck under the water.