The children should begin by walking around the room in any direction. On the various commands listed, they should carry out the appropriate action:
- spaghetti – walk round the room tall and thin arms pointed together;
- tagliatelli – walk round the room arms pointed side by side;
- pasta twist – walk round the hall turning round and round;
- pasta bow – walk round with legs and arms apart, bow shaped;
- lasagne – lie flat on the floor; macaroni-make a circle with arms;
- pasta shapes – make a 2D shape in small groups holding hands;
- spaghetti hoops – make a ‘hoop’ in a small group holding hands;
- canneloni – roll on the floor;
- ravioli – stand back to back with a partner.
Hope you find these fun! I also use some pop songs for background music and the kids love it!