Explain to the children you are going to use different parts of their bodies to make music and pretend to be an orchestra.
- Start with the head – bounce the hand up and down and say, “BOING, BOING”
Then add one sound each time, keeping the same order beginning again each time from the start.
- Push your finger onto the nose and say, “Honk, Honk”
- Pull one ear lobe then the other and say, “Ding, Dong.”
- Clap hands and say, “Clap, Clap”
- Tap knees and say “Tap, Tap”
- Stamp feet and say, “Stamp, Stamp”
- If you are standing up – you can wiggle your bottom and say, “wiggle, wiggle”
Put them all together, and you have your own orchestra!
For a bit of extra fun, do it backwards, starting with the bottom / feet – it’s quite tricky!