The printable posters can be downloaded below. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Add them to a class display.
- Challenge children to think of other ways that people use Maths. Could they make a new poster to add to the collection?
- Ask children to think of a time when they have used Maths in the different ways described in the posters. Where were they? What were they doing?
- Think about the units of measurement and equipment used for each type of Maths activity.
- Talk about how each type of Maths has changed throughout history. Has the equipment / units of measurement changed? Why?
- Ask pupils to use the information in the posters to make their own poster that features all of the different ways that we use Maths. Could they make a multimedia presentation using the information?