St George’s Day is celebrated by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the patron saint. Some of the countries that celebrate the date include England, Canada, Greece, and Portugal.
Here are some suggested teaching ideas:
- Find out about England. How is it similar / different to where you live?
- Make a travel guide about England (or a particular town / city there). Watch this video tour of London for some inspiration:
- Can you retell the story of St. George, using stories / pictures / animation? Watch this video for some ideas:
- Decorate your classroom with our free printable bunting / flag templates (see below).
- Use our St. George Fact cards on a display or share them as part of history / guided reading activities.
- Use the St. George’s Flag Display Borders around the edges of your classroom displays.
- Retell the story of George and the Dragon using our printable finger puppets.
Download our free resources below…