The resource below includes twelve photos of volcanoes around the world. They can be used as part of your ‘Volcanoes’ topic in lots of different ways in the classroom:
- Print the pictures and use them on your classroom displays.
- Give one of the photos and ask them to find out lots of information about that particular volcano.
- Look at all twelve images and identify their location on a map.
- Challenge children to find images / information about other volcanoes around the world.
- Discuss what the pupils can see in each picture. How are the volcanoes similar / different?
- Use the pictures as the starting point for some Literacy activities… what words would you use to describe that location? Could you use it as the setting for a story?
- Challenge your children to create their own artwork based on the photos. What different materials could they use?
- Imagine what it would be like to live near to the volcano. How would it be similar / different to your own life?
- Describe the volcanoes using geographical terms.
Do you have any other ideas for using these resources in your classroom? Leave a comment below…