Help your children to measure the temperature each day with our free printable charts! Six different versions are available:
- Thermometers – Children can measure the temperature and colour the thermometer pictures to show the correct temperature each day. These are available in two formats (Monday to Friday / Monday to Sunday).
- Weekly Tables – Record the temperature by writing the measurement in the correct space. Your children could also draw a picture to show the weather each day. These are also available in two formats (Monday to Friday / Monday to Sunday).
- Fortnightly Tables – Write the temperature in the correct space on the chart over two weeks (available in Monday to Friday / Monday to Sunday formats).
When your children have recorded their temperatures, ask them to use their information to carry out other activities:
- Write a description of how the temperatures changed during the week / fortnight.
- Create a graph showing the results (with or without technology).
- Create a historical weather / temperature report to describe what happened. Could you record this in the form of a radio / video report?
- Repeat the measurements at different times of the year. How do they change?
- Investigate the temperature in different parts of the world. How are they similar / different? Why?
- Write a set of instructions to teach people how to measure the temperature.