We have made a set of posters as part of our popular ‘Inspirations’ series. These ones are linked to the World Cup, and they can be used as the starting point for a wide range of teaching and learning opportunities. Here are some suggested ways that you could use them in your classroom:
- Make a ‘World Cup’ classroom display and use these posters as part of it.
- Give the children one of the posters and ask them to discuss the answer with a friend.
- Use one of the questions as the starting point for a research / written activity.
- Show one of the posters on an interactive whiteboard at the start of the day and use it as an ‘early morning activity’.
- Give one of the posters (or print a smaller version) as a homework activity.
- Challenge your children to think of other questions that they would like to research, linked to the World Cup.
- Ask your class to find out the answers to as many of the questions as possible and use these to create a class book that includes their work.