Do your children forget to use connectives in their writing? We have three resources below that can be used to encourage children to use different connectives to improve their work:
- Use the resources as posters and add them to a classroom display. Two different versions are available to match the age / ability of your children.
- Print the resources and use them as mats for children to refer to while writing at their tables.
- Ask children to find their own connectives and build up their own collection of words by writing them on our blank resource.
- Print the blank resource and use it as part of an interactive display, encouraging children to add connectives as they discover new ones.
- Use the resources as teaching tools. Discuss each connective and think about when and how it might be used.
- Choose a connective from the resources and ask children to write a sentence that includes it.
- Have a ‘Connective of the Day’ and challenge children to include the chosen connectives in their speech / writing during the day.
Do you have any other good ideas for using these resources in your classroom? Leave a comment below…