Supermoo is determined to keep our country clean and green. With her sidekick Calf Crypton she confronts not only the devilish BOTS but also a blazing treacle tanker and a treacle slick heading for Miss Pimple’s swimming class – and all before milking time at that!
Teaching Ideas and Resources:
- ‘Most people think that cows are boring old munchers…’ – What exciting things might a cow do when people aren’t looking? Make a list of ideas or write a story about them!
- Write about about one of Calf Crypton’s adventures.
- Tell the story of how Supermoo and Calf Crypton first met.
- Write a sequel about Supermoo and Calf Crypton.
- Write a thank you letter from the children in Miss Pimple’s class to Supermoo and Calf Crypton.
- Plan and write a new story about another superhero animal.
- A herd of cows all have their own special secrets. What might they be (see Resources below)?
- Find out about cows. What do they eat? How do they help people? Use the pictures?(see Resources below)?as a starting point for your learning.
- Learn about magnetism. How do Supermoo’s magnetic hooves work?
- Plan and carry out an investigation to test the strength of different magnets.
- Find out about bubbles. How are they made? What are they made from? Could you test different liquids which will make the largest / strongest bubbles?
- Think about the cowputer. What different parts does it have? How does it find out about the problems around the world?
- Design a new utility belt for Supermoo. What different tools does it have?
- Use craft materials / junk modelling to redesign the Cowmobile.
- Can you draw a new superhero which is a different animal?
- Design a new superhero outfit for Supermoo?(see Resources below).
- Could you rewrite the story in the form of a comic strip?
- Draw a map of the cowcave. What different parts / facilities does it have?
- Find out about the environmental effects of pollution and / or spillages from tankers.
- Make a poster, written by Supermoo, telling people how to look after their environment by recycling etc.