A number of printable resources, linked to similes, are available below. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Put them up on display!
- Print the examples of similes and ask children to explain what they mean.
- Talk about the similes. Have the children heard any of them before? Where did they hear them?
- Let children use the similes to make their own 'Book of Similes' to refer to during independent writing.
- Ask children to find other examples of similes.
- Ask children to make up their own similes, using 'like' and 'as'.
Can you think of other ways of using these resources in the classroom? Leave a comment below to share them...