Create a Creature
Age Range: 5 to 11
There are lots of wonderful creatures in the Myst games, including:
- A squee in J'nanin and Edanna (in Myst III)
- Lots of animals can be found in Edanna (in Myst III)
- Mangrees, zeftyrs, camoudiles and karnaks in Haven (in Myst IV)
When you find these creatures, you might want to ask the children to look at their features and see how they are adapted to their particular environment (see this page for more ideas).
The children could also try making their own creatures. This can be tried in a number of ways:
- Using 2D sketching, drawing, painting techniques.
- Modelling them in 3D.
- Pupils could also try to create the habitat in which the creature might live.
- Creating unusual animals with sites like Switcheroo Zoo or Build Your Wild Self.
These creatures could be added to a class display. The pupils could also write a report about their creature, giving more information about its characteristics.
Comments powered by Disqus