- Favourite Christmas Activities - Share your ideas for Christmas lessons and activities to use throughout the festive season.
- Advent Acrostic - Use this poster as a starting point for getting children to write their own acrostic poems. Contributed by Justin Stretch.
- Christmas Poems - Try this idea for poem-writing during the festive season.
- Christmas Wordsearch - Challenge your children to find the Christmas words hidden in the wordsearch. Contributed by Gemma Harrison.
A set of Christmas wordsearches differentiated for a
range of abilities.
Make a Christmas Wordsearch - Instructions and ideas for getting children to make their own Christmas wordsearches. Contributed by Sue Powell.
- The Giving Calendar - Make a fantastic advent calendar, where children give rather than receiving!
- Write to Santa! - Send a letter to Santa at Christmas, and receive a reply too!
- Santa Welcome Mat - A festive mat to colour and complete. Contributed by The Literacy Club.
- Christmas Gifts - What would nursery rhyme characters give up for Christmas, to make others happy? Find out in this thoughtful assembly.
- WaterAid Christmas Poster - A poster to encourage raising money for WaterAid at Christmas. Contributed by WaterAid.
- WaterAid Christmas Plans - Lesson plans and resources for WaterAid's Christmas appeal. Contributed by WaterAid.
- Holly Wreath Template - A template to help pupils make a holly wreath (to accompany the instructions below). Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
- Holly Wreath Instructions - A Smart Notebook document giving instructions for making Christmas decorations. Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
- Christmas Activities - A set of 6 Christmas worksheets, for younger children to enjoy. Contributed by Tina Roworth.
- Christmas Loop Cards - A set of loop cards, based around a Christmas theme. Contributed by Sue Baxter.
- Class Christmas Tree - Make a Christmas tree with your class using this simple technique.
- Following Instructions - A simple and quick activity for Christmas which motivates the children but also helps them to learn how to follow instructions carefully. Use the template and ask the children to follow your instructions as to what presents to draw and what colours to use etc. Contributed by Abby Manton.
- Christingle Presentation - A thoughtful Powerpoint presentation encouraging children to think of others at this time of year. Contributed by Lisa Daniels.
- Nativity Wordsearch - A wordsearch with a range of words related to the nativity. Contributed by Hassan Chowdhury.
- Journey Through Time - A useful PDF about Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem. Originally created for use by Year 4 children. Contributed by Janice Jenkins.
- Victorian Christmas Comprehension - A set of questions to review children's understanding of the information here. Contributed by Russ Hyde.
- Night Before Christmas Assembly - An assembly based on a cast of 30 and about 10 minutes long. An adaptation of famous Clement C. Moore poem and suitable for all ages in Key Stage 2. Contributed by Sue Russell.
- Donkey's First Christmas - Foundation Lesson Plan - A lesson plan for children aged 4-5, based on the book Donkey's First Christmas (available here).
- Donkey's First Christmas - KS1 Lesson Plan - A lesson plan for children aged 5-7, based on the book Donkey's First Christmas (available here).
- Christmas Board Game - A fun reading game to play at Christmas time! Contributed by Margaret Thornton.
- Christmas Trail Game - Play this spelling game as part of your Christmas festivities. Contributed by Margaret Thornton.
- Christmas Wish Stocking - What will your pupils' Christmas wishes going to be? Contributed by Relax Kids.
- Christmas Card Template 1 - Use this template to ask your children to write their own Christmas cards. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Christmas Card Template 2 - A Christmas card template for your children to write on. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Christmas Card Template 3 - More Christmas card templates to use with your pupils. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Christmas Card Template 4 - Another Christmas card template. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Christmas Card Template 5 - Christmas card templates to use with your pupils. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Christmas Card Template 6 - Another Christmas card template. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- New Year's Card Template 1 - A card template to celebrate New Year. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- New Year's Card Template 2 - Another New Year's card template. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- Magical Christmas Dance Plans - Create and perform a Christmas themed dance! Contributed by imovesdance.
- Magical Christmas Flashcards - Resources linked to the above dance plan. Contributed by imovesdance.
- Winter Wordsearch - Find lots of winter-themed words in this wordsearch. Contributed by Sing Up!
'Santa's Gift' Activity
'Design a Sleigh' Activity
'Draw a Nativity Scene' Activity
Choir Writing Activity
Use this template to write a report about a carol concert or create lyrics for a new song.
Snowman Adventure Activity
Use this template to write a story
about an adventurous snowman!
Christmas Writing Activity - Wide
An A4 writing page with wide lines.
Christmas Writing Activity - Narrow
An A4 writing page with narrow lines.
Christmas Picture Puzzles
Challenge children to create these Christmas pictures by solving Maths problems!
Christmas Card Templates
A set of printable Christmas cards for children to colour and decorate.
Dancing Christmas Characters
Four different dancing characters who need to be decorated, cut out and joined together!
- Merry Christmas Banner - A long banner with the text 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year'. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
Use these images to provide ideas and inspiration for work at Christmas time! They could be used as a lesson starters or as part of main activities... or put them up on a classroom display!
Find ideas and resources linked to popular Christmas books!
Father Christmas Needs a Wee
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Night Before Christmas