A free display banner to use as part of your Fireworks topic in many different subject areas!
1) Discussion - Ask the children "Where does the water go from a puddle in the playground?". Discuss as a class first, then get them to share their ideas in groups. Walk around the class, listening to their ideas. Then feedback these as a whole class, with more discussion (what do they think of each other's ideas?).
2) Practical Activity - Measure the temperature in different areas around the playground. Also make a note of which areas seem wetter and usually stay wetter for longer after rain. Discuss the link between the two factors - temperature and wetness.
3) Set a Challenge - How can you evaporate water from this saucer? How can you make it evaporate quicker?
4) Observation - Observe a kettle boiling. Discuss what happens around the room - on the glass etc.
5) Teacher Demonstration - Boil water in a test tube over a candle. Ask the children to observe, looking and listening to changes. Ask them "Where is the water evaporating / condensing?"
6) Set a Challenge - How can you set up a water cycle? (e.g. plastic bottle and a small amount of water, put over heat then over cold)