- Parts of Fruit - Learn about the main parts of fruit (seeds, skin and flesh). Cut out the images of fruit, cut out the labels, stick down and label each image. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Looking at Leaves - Gather a selection of leaves, then use this question sheet to get children looking closely at them and learning more about them. Older children could follow up with some close observational sketching, or research using library books. Contributed by Sue Powell.
- Label the Plants - A very useful worksheet (which can be used in a number of contexts) requiring children to label different parts of plants.
- Plant Plumbing - A PDF worksheet for children to use when investigating what happens when you put white carnations into coloured water. Contributed by Cara Hayman.
- Helping Plants to Grow Well - An amusing Powerpoint presentation, contributed by Ian Thomson, which helps children to think about the conditions needed to help plants to grow well.
- Pollination - A Powerpoint presentation, outlining pollination in plants, using information, images and questions. Contributed by Allison Gaunt.
- Photosynthesis - A PDF worksheet, requiring children to think about photosynthesis. Contributed by a visitor.
- Plants Revision Notes - A set of notes to support learning about plants. Contributed by a visitor.
- Plants Revision Questions - A set of questions to review knowledge of plants. Contributed by a visitor.
- Mr. Stretch's Science Quiz - A multiple choice quiz covering plants and healthy living. Contributed by Justin Stretch.
- Plants Senteo Quiz - Interactive 'Plants' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Plants Senteo Quiz 2 - Interactive 'Plants' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Eutrophication - A handy poster giving information about eutrophication and its effects. Contributed by Salina Joomun-Cassamally.
Add this printable banner to the
Plants displays in your classroom.
'Plants' Display Keywords
A set of display labels showing keyword
linked to the topic of Plants.
A selection of vocabulary cards, showing vocabulary related to plants, which can be used as part of an activity or for a class display.
Flowers Photo Resources
Printable photos of flowers and lots of related teaching ideas.