- The Five Senses - Do your children know the five senses? Ask them to draw a picture linked to each sense on this handy table. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Smells Experiment - An enjoyable experiment which tests children's sense of smell! Contributed by Gillian Watson.
- Don't Shout! - Teach children about their voices, so you don't have to raise yours.
- Healthy Meals - Can your children design a healthy meal? Use this handy sheet to help them! Contributed by Amanda Jones.
- Healthy Drinks - Can your children design a brand new healthy drink which could be sold in local shops? Contributed by Kirsty Boulton.
- Food and our Body - A helpful sheet which helps children to learn about different types of food and their effect on the body. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Healthy School Dinners - A menu frame on which children can invent a school menu for a week. It links to healthy eating in Science and follows on from a lesson on balanced diets and food groups. Contributed by Anna Birne.
- Investigating Teeth - An investigation to help children to learn more about human and animal teeth.
- Human Teeth - Useful information and pictures related to human teeth. Contributed by Jane Clipston.
- Teeth and Eating Senteo Quiz - Interactive 'Teeth and Eating' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Teeth and Healthy Eating Vocabulary - A set of vocabulary cards which can be used for display or when teaching children about vocabulary linked to this topic.
- Taste Buds - A worksheet which asks pupils to think about taste and their favourite foods. Contributed by Ambika Anand.
- The Skeleton - A handy worksheet on which children have to identify different parts of the skeleton.
- The Circulatory System - A highly active way of teaching children about circulation within the body.
- Body Parts - An active method of learning about parts of the body.
- Five Senses - A complete lesson plan with worksheets (PDF) based on all of the five senses. Contributed by Amber Mallow.
- Identify the Smell - Test your children's sense of smell with this simple Science idea.
- Brain Functions - Find out what different parts of the brain have to deal with and record them on this sheet. Contributed by Iman Bendjedidi.
- Moving and Growing - A complete set of plans (in PDF), contributed by Carl Wood, related to QCA Unit 4A.
- Moving and Growing Senteo Quiz - Interactive 'Moving and Growing' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Being Healthy - A presentation with lots of activity ideas, linked to being healthy. Contributed by Rebecca Tranter.
- Eat your Colours - Can your pupils think of fruit and vegetables to draw in each section of the colour wheel? Contributed by the Vegetarian Society.
- What is a Vegetarian? - Information and activities which help children to understand what 'vegetarian' means. Contributed by the Vegetarian Society.
- Food Groups - Can you identify how each type of food affects your body? Contributed by Rachel Barrett.
- Keeping Healthy Senteo Quiz - Interactive 'Keeping Healthy' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Health and Growth Senteo Quiz - Interactive 'Health and Growth' quiz, requiring Smart Notebook and Senteo software. Contributed by Steve Kirkpatrick and based upon BBC Bitesize.
- Additives - A Science investigation involving food additives, and which involves work in a number of subjects.
- Bread - Some useful worksheets to help children when finding out about bread.
- Science Comics - Brains - Use this comic and the related practical idea to share how the nervous system sends messages. Contributed by Michael Cantrell.
'Human Biology' Banner
'The Human Body' Banner
Make a Skeleton
Find more resources linked to the Human Body on our Keeping Healthy pages: