- Note Value Chants - An active way of learning about the value of musical notes.
- Music and Maths - Teach your children about Music and Maths at the same time! A very interesting activity to teach about note values, while reviewing addition.
- Identifying Notes (Grade 1) - A useful activity sheet which introduces children to different kinds of notation. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Identifying Notes (Grade 2) - This sheet encourages children to think about different musical notes. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Identifying Notes (Grades 3-5) - More activities to help children to remember musical notation. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Identifying Notes (Kindergarten) - Can your children match the correct notes to their corresponding values? Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Treble Staff - This Excel spreadsheet helps children to remember the notes on a scale. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Treble Lines / Spaces quiz - Activities to reinforce knowledge and understanding of the musical notes. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Notation Wordsearch - Another wordsearch which children can use to find musical vocabulary. Contributed by Fredda Rosenbaum.
- Name that Note - Play this fantastic game to learn the notes on a musical stave. How many points will you score?
- Graphic Notation - A number of ways of writing music without learning about crochets and quavers.
- Name Beats - Use the children's names to create music!
- Photo Soundtracks - Use your school environment as a stimulus for composition.
- Composing Movie Soundtracks with Garageband - A range of activities which focus on the soundtracks of movies and games.
- Notes on a Keyboard - Help children to learn the notes of the keyboard more quickly with these techniques.
- Composing with Quotes - Use quotes as a starting point for musical compositions.
- Rondo Improvisation - Get your students to plan, rehearse and perform their own rondo.
Composition Banner (PDF)
Musical Notation Banner (PDF)
Treble and Bass Clef Resources