- Learning Names - Use a popular rhyme to help children to learn each other's names.
- Choosing the Rules - Involve the children in deciding the rules of your class at the start of the year.
- Meet the Class - Try this Art activity to get to know your new pupils at the start of the year.
- Video Introductions - Get to know children at the start of the year by asking them make a short video recording.
- Back to School Page Border - Use this page in a variety of ways at the start of the year. Contributed by Jinky Dabon.
- End of the Year Activities - Share your ideas for lessons and activities to use at the end of the academic year.
- Hawaiian T-Shirt Glyph - Get to know your students at the start of the year, by asking them to colour this glyph according to the given key. Contributed by Cori McKinzie.
Download our superhero transition resources and use them when children are joining
a new class, or when you are meeting them for the first time!
A set of printable book templates that children can use when they are reviewing their past and thinking about their future.
My Scroll of Progress
A printable scroll which children can use to review and plan their progress over a period of time.
Old and New Schools
An activity sheet to help children to remember their current school, while looking forward to their new one.
Don't forget to look at the Co-operation activities to help your class to work together!