- Bounce Count - Encourage counting on and back using this simple technique.
- What's my Number? - An enjoyable game in which children practice mental arithmetic in order to guess a number.
- Skip Counting - An enjoyable game which can be used to teach Maths concepts, as well as foreign languages!
- The Price is Right - An exciting game based upon the hit TV show.
- Twister Maths - Play a game of Twister while developing Maths skills!
- Roll of the Dice - Will your children be able to work together and answer questions based on the roll of the dice?
- Ping Pong - A useful mental game which can be used to reinforce number bonds.
- Harry Potter Maths - Will your young wizards answer their mental Maths questions quickly?
- If this is the answer... - Give children an answer and they have to work out the question.
- My Number, Your Number - A simple speaking / listening activity which can be used in lots of areas of Maths (and beyond).
- Maths Table Challenge - A fun way of reinforcing mental arithmetic throughout the day!
- Big Board / Little Board - A competitive game which can be used to review lots of different Maths concepts.
- Ring the Answer - Which student will ring the correct answer first?
- Auction Responses - An exciting way of encouraging children to respond to Numeracy questions.
- Maths Champion - A simple game which can be used to test any Maths topic.
- Do the Conga! - A fantastic way of developing mental maths in your class!
- Chair Swap - Learn Maths, and encourage manners at the same time!
- Beat the Tape - An excellent activity in which children record Maths facts onto a tape recorder, and use the tape to test themselves later.
- Stay Standing - A fun game show activity, which can be used with most Maths topics.
- Frog in the Box! - A fun team game, which can be used to test many mathematical concepts.
- Speedy Chairs - Play this exciting game to practice mental skills.
- Nominate or Answer - A way of eliciting responses for all children in the class.
- Beat the Teacher - A competition between children and teacher which can be used to improve mental arithmetic skills.
- Detective Trail - Send your children out on a detective trail and solve lots of Maths problems.
- Last Man Standing - Answer Maths questions, but don't be the last one standing!
- PIG - An exciting game which encourages quick addition and can be used to introduce probability.
- Shoot Out - A quick-fire mental maths game which can be used to cover a wide range of concepts.
- Who Wants to be a Mathematician? - A fantastic warm up activity, based on the popular TV show.
- Jeopardy - A fun way of quizzing children about different Maths concepts.
- Number Chains - A very simple idea which requires quick mental calculations. A set of number chain cards are also included in a variety of formats.
- "Who Is" Cards - A set of "Who Is" or "Follow Me" cards for you to use in your Maths lessons.
- Speed Circle - A team game which can be used to review a wide range of operations.
- Times Table Aerobics - A physical mental starter which gets children moving and helps them to learn their times tables too!
- Number of the Week - A quick mental maths activity which can be used regularly.
'Mental Maths' Banner
'Mental Calculations' Banner