- Fractions - Molly Peet has sent this PDF, aimed at introducing KS1 children to 1/2, 1/4 and 1/3.
- What's my Fraction? - A fun game which encourages children to identify fractions. Contributed by Becca Pangbourne.
- Half - A simple worksheet, requiring children to draw a ring around half of the objects on the page. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Make a Half - Can your children split the given shapes into half? Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Parts of a Whole - A presentation that teaches children about fractions. Find related worksheets at Teachable.net.
- Fractions - Find fractions of quantities, and identify equivalent fractions in this SMART Notebook file.
- Follow Me Fractions Cards - A set of follow me cards, linked to Fractions.
- Compare and Order Fractions - A useful worksheet which requires children to identify different fractions, comparing and ordering them too. Contributed by Orissa Anggita Rinjani.
- Tortoise Quarters - Use this as a discussion tool when your class are learning about quarters. Contributed by Planet Primary.
- Finding Quarters by Halving - A large collection of examples, which encourage your children to think about halving, and then quartering by halving and halving again. Contributed by Kirsten McCormick.
- Quarter - Draw a ring around a quarter of the items shown. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Make a Quarter - Children have to split the given shapes into quarters. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Three Quarters - Draw a ring around three quarters of the items shown. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Make Three Quarters - Use this worksheet to challenge children to find three quarters of a given shape. Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Finding Fractions of Amounts - Use the problems in these SMART Notebook slides to review how to find fractions of amounts.
- Fraction Dominoes - A set of fraction dominoes, where children match the simple pictures to the fractions. Contributed by Mary-Anne Crook.
- Fractions to Division - Can your pupils use this challenge sheet to convert fractions to division problems? Contributed by Raul Martinez Jr.
- Equivalent Fractions Activity - A fun and practical way of encouraging children to think about equivalent fractions.
- Improper Fractions - A handy Powerpoint presentation which explains what improper fractions are. Contributed by a visitor.
Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions - Use virtual Mars bars to convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions in this great SMART Notebook file.
- Fractions Display Posters - A selection of posters which could be used as part of a display about fractions.
- Fractions Vocabulary - Vocabulary, linked to fractions, which could be used in a display or for teaching purposes.
Numerator and Denominator Poster
Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions Poster
Colour the Fractions
Challenge your pupils to colour these shapes according to the fractions provided.
What is the Fraction?
Can your children identify the fractions shown on these grids?
Fractions of Amounts
A set of activity sheets that children can use to practise finding fractions of amounts.
Twelve free activity sheets that challenge pupils to calculate equivalent fractions.
Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
Ask your pupils to convert these mixed numbers to improper fractions.
- Equivalent Squares - A fantastic resource, with related activities, which supports children's understanding of fractions, decimals and percentages. Contributed by Simon Unsworth.
- Equivalent Squares Template - An editable template, based on the Equivalent Squares activity listed above.
- Matching Decimals and Fractions - Two activities (with worksheets) which reinforce the relationship between decimals and fractions.
- Quotients with Fractions and Decimal Fractions - A PDF worksheet, contributed by Ian Battersby, to teach children about this topic.
- Complement Problems - A pair of worksheets (in PDF) to support teaching of complements with fractions, decimals and percentages. Contributed by a visitor.
- Fraction, Decimal and Percentage Table - Will your pupils be able to change between fractions, decimals and percentages. Contributed by a visitor.
- Converting Fractions, Decimals and Percentages - An interactive presentation which can be used to review conversions. Contributed by Mary Angel Alim-Flores.