- Maths Karate - A wonderful way of reinforcing understanding of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division vocabulary.
- Inverse Operations Triangles - Printable triangles which can be used when showing children how operations are linked to their inverse. Contributed by Scott Evans.
- Maths Facts Outfits - Make Maths fun by using outfits to review simple facts!
- Adding and Subtracting with Pegs - Use pegs and a hanger to show that addition can be done in any order but subtraction cannot.
- Addition and Subtraction - Can your children add and subtract the amounts shown? Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Turnover - A fun addition / subtraction game using playing cards.
- Finger Slide Ruler - Use a ruler within your Maths lessons to support addition and subtraction.
- Fact Families - Use fact families to help children to understand the links between addition and subtraction.
- Playing Card Points - A fun competition between children and teacher... who will win?
- Adding and Subtracting - A PDF worksheet which asks children to add (and subtract) thousands, hundreds, tens and units from a set of numbers.
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems - A PDF, contributed by kate Beaumont, involving addition / subtraction word problems
- Addition and Subtraction (Yr6) - A SMART Notebook file containing slides for reviewing addition / subtraction with Thousands, Hundreds, Tens, Units and Decimals.
- - A set of addition and subtraction questions, where children can use their rounding skills to help find the answer. Contributed by Vicky Bing:
- Multiplication and Division by 10, 100 and 1000 - A grid which can be used to support multiplication and division by 10, 100 and 1000.
- Multiplication / Division (Yr6) - Five days of teaching input in these Smart Notebook slides. Covers multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100, multiplying by near multiples of 10 and 100, and multiplying by doubling / halving.
- Inverse Multiplication / Division - Information and activities are included on this worksheet, which shows how multiplication and division are inverse operations. Contributed by Sian Carr.
All Four Operations Banner
All Four Operations Banner Includes labels for each operations
A handy set of cards showing vocabulary related to the four operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ask your pupils to record words and phrases related to each of the four operations. They can then refer to these during independent work.