- The Great Fire of London - A medium term plan linked to the Great Fire of London, designed for Year 2. Contributed by Helen Crompton.
- Classroom Timeline - Make a great display to remember what has happened in the school year.
- Creative History - Suggestions for making your history lessons more exciting and memorable.
- Follow the Time Trail - Let your children visit the Time Trail web-site and try some of the activities which are related to it (links and ideas included).
- Ordering Events - Ask children to order historical events using this simple technique.
- Historical Clothing - After your children have learnt about historical clothing, let them design their own (worksheet included).
- Historical Documentaries - Bring History to life, and record a documentary about your chosen historical topic.
- Britain Under Attack Timeline - A PDF timeline of events which pulls together the theme of invasion throughout the KS2 history scheme of work. Very useful! Contributed by Louise Ward.
- Jeopardy! - A brilliant way of revising topics already covered (in almost any subject)
- History Pictionary - Use this popular game to support your teaching in History!
- Learning about People - Encourage your pupils to think about how we learn about people from the past.
- Becoming an Archaeologist - Encourage children to think about how we have found out about the past using this practical idea.
- Looking at Historical Objects - Use this worksheet to focus children's attention on different aspects of historical objects.
- Our Architectural Heritage - Learn about the architecture of buildings by looking at your local area, or looking in reference books. Links with Geography.
The Gunpowder Plot Resources
A large collection of resources to teach children about the Gunpowder Plot and Bonfire Night.