Age Range: 5 to 11
A number of printable resources, linked to similes, are available below. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Put them up on display!
- Print the examples of similes and ask children to explain what they mean.
- Talk about the similes. Have the children heard any of them before? Where did they hear them?
- Let children use the similes to make their own 'Book of Similes' to refer to during independent writing.
- Ask children to find other examples of similes.
- Ask children to make up their own similes, using 'like' and 'as'.
Download our Metaphors resources here.
Can you think of other ways of using these resources in the classroom? Leave a comment below to share them...