Age Range: 5 to 11
A number of printable resources, linked to proverbs, are available below. Here are some ideas for using them in the classroom:
- Put them up on display!
- Print the examples of proverbs and ask children to explain what they mean.
- Talk about the proverbs. Have the children heard any of them before? Where did they hear them? Who used them and why?
- Let children use the examples to make their own 'Book of Proverbs'.
- Ask children to find other examples of proverbs.
- Can the pupils find proverbs from other cultures?
- Think of a story where the moral could be one of the proverbs.
Can you think of other ways of using these resources in the classroom? Leave a comment below to share them...