Age Range: 7 to 11
To get the children to look at audience awareness - I called it Media Awareness.
1) First the children were to think about an advert and what made them think about that.
2) Watch a video full of adverts, then discuss who they think the adverts are made for and the reasons for their choice. A good website to view old TV and cinema adverts can be found at www.visit4.info (you'll need to find and preview the adverts you're going to use first!).
3) Design a table to categorise the adverts looking at when they would be shown.
4) Children start planning their own adverts in small groups of 3/4.
5) Make the adverts. All adverts to be viewed by the children and a juding panel to decide which advert is the best - a small award to be presented.
Comments powered by Disqus