- Nonsense Poetry - A collection of nonsense poetry for use in your classroom. Contributed by Lynn Platt.
- Riddles - Teach your children about riddles when they are familiar with rhyming. Includes a worksheet, example riddles and extension ideas.
- Making Teacher Angry - A wonderful idea for a poem involving ways to make teachers angry!
- What a Hullabaloo! - Free plans and poems which can be used in your classrooms.
- Registration - Create a modern version of the 'Registration' poem by Allan Ahlberg.
- Pirates, Pirates, Pirates! - Use this format to encourage children to write poetry involving alliteration and lots of adjectives!
- Photographic Poetry - Create a poem in response to photographs you have, or you wish you had.
- Opposites Poem - Write an opposites poem by following the template and using the given sets of opposite words. Contributed by Sue Powell.
- Pound a Poem Lesson Plans - A lesson plan based on Cancer Research's Pound a Poem competition. Contains great ideas for teaching poetry.
- Pound a Poem Guidance - Guidance for those entering the Pound a Poem competition.
- Poetry Jumbled Sentences - Enlarge these sentences and cut them out. Ask children to arrange them and rearrange them until they have a poem that they like. Contributed by Sue Powell.
- World Cup Acrostic - Use the World Cup Event as a stimulus for writing an acrostic poem. Contributed by Julie Mollet.
- Limericks - Learn about limericks! Contains lots of examples and suggested activities.
- Christmas Poems - Try this idea for poem-writing during the festive season!
Our Poetry Banner
Poetry Corner Banner
Stars Poetry Resources
Poetry Language Planner
Planning templates and teaching ideas to help children to plan the vocabulary that they might use in their poetry.