- Literacy Plan Template - A handy Word document, containing a planning template which can be edited and customised to fit your own requirements. Contributed by eronica Kaneti.
- Literacy Weekly Plan Template - A planning template, which can be used to outline the Numeracy teaching for a whole week. Contributed by Veronica Kaneti.
- Interactive Writing Paper - A great resource for whole class teaching... plain and writing paper with a variety of tools. Contributed by Class in a Flash.
- Lined Paper - A page of lined paper, which can be printed and photocopied. Useful for helping children to differentiate between small and tall letters. Contributed by Frederic Caron.
- 8mm Ruled Paper - A printable page of 8mm ruled paper (PDF). Contributed by Kevin Palmer.
- Amazing Ideas to Inspire Writing - A collection of ideas to inspire your pupils to write.
- Star Writers - A simple way of sharing children's success in writing.
- Genre Net - A large section of this site explaining how to teach children about different genre, while using computers (and particularly the Internet).
- Stream of Consciousness - A fabulous idea which can encourages children to think about how they use vocabulary.
- Who Am I? - A fantasic idea, incorporating ICT, Art and Literacy to produce a variety of different pieces of work.
- Book of Best Work - Create a book of best work for future children to enjoy!
- Our Own Library - A huge collection of ideas and activities, resulting in the creation of a library of the children's own books.
- Personality Profile - A PDF worksheet with information about how to make a personality profile. Contributed by Heidi Streuber.
- Saving Reluctant Writers - A presentation with ideas for supporting reluctant writers in your classroom. Contributed by Nicky Dyer.
- Descriptive Writing - A fun way to encourage children to be more descriptive in the things which they write.
- Rare Beasts - A full lesson plan, with lots of ideas (across many curriculum areas), related to the Edgar and Ellen stories. Find more at Edgar and Ellen.
- Writing Checklist - A list of things for children to remember to include in their writing.
- Vocabulary Display Label - A label which could be used as part of a VCOP display.
- Connectives Display Label - A label which could be used as part of a VCOP display.
- Sentence Openers Display Label - A label which could be used as part of a VCOP display.
- Punctuation Display Label - A label which could be used as part of a VCOP display.
Our Writing Banner
Writing Corner Banner
'Improve Your Writing' Resources