- Report Checklist - A handy checklist which children can complete when trying to find the features of report books.
- Appraising Information Books - A set of questions (in PDF) which encourage children to appraise Tudor information books.
- Research Template - A very useful template which will help children when researching for different topics. Contributed by a Canadian.
- Persuasive Blurbs - A worksheet for children to record their observations after examining the back of (fiction and non-fiction) books, and reading the 'blurb'. Contributed by Sue Powell.
- Newspaper Activities - A number of activities using newspapers.
- Quotes - Use phrases and quotes each day, and ask children to make up their own!
- Fact or Opinion - Ask your pupils to decide if these sentences are facts or opinions and drag them to the correct side of the Smartboard.
- What's in the News? - Encourage your children to be aware of current events using this interactive activity.
Find more ideas and resources for children's books in the Teaching Ideas Library.
The resources below are all part of an owl project which was contributed by Iman Bendjedidi. You can find out more about this here.
- Long-Eared Owl Facts - A set of facts about long-eared owls which can be used for comprehension.
- Long-Eared Owl Questions - A collection of questions based on the long-eared owl facts pages.
- Screech Owl Facts - A set of facts about screech owls which can be used for comprehension.
- Screech Owl Questions - A collection of questions based on the screech owl facts pages.
- Owl Crossword - A crossword which tests children's knowledge of owls.
- Owl Project - Use your own research to answer these questions about owls.
Non-Fiction Books Banner
Our Favourite Non-Fiction