- Plants Punctuation - Can your pupils add the correct punctuation to these sentences? Contributed by Carol Vincent.
- Punctuation Posters - A set of 11 brilliant posters (in PDF), outlining the uses of different types of punctuation. Contributed by Neil Hedworth.
- Tarzan Punctuation - A SMART Notebook file, which children can read and then devise actions to represent each missing punctuation mark. Contributed by Zoe Mitchell.
- Fill in the Punctuation - Children need to put the correct punctuation into a piece of text (includes worksheet)
- Punctuation Sheets - A set of useful reminders (in PDF) for children to think about when writing stories. Contributed by Sharon Whitchurch.
Let children have a copy of these cards to refer to while writing, or copy two sets and play Pairs / Snap with them!
Use this fantastic idea to encourage children to use different types of punctuation in their writing.
Lots of resources to help children with their spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Traffic Lights - Use this very simple methods to reinforce when capital letters and full stops are needed.
- Capital Letters - Use this sheet to get children to practise their use of capital letters. Contributed by Lisa Daniels.
- Fill in the Question Marks - Can your children add question marks to these sentences to make them correct? Contributed by Sherrie Bendjedidi.
- Commas - A simple but effective worksheet requiring children to put commas in the correct place. Contributed by Jim Merrett.
- Speech Mark Sandwich - A fantastic tip to help children remember how to use punctuation within speech marks.
- Using Speech - A worksheet containing ideas and activities, which reinforce using speech properly when writing. Contributed by Kathryn Perkins.
- Speech Marks - Can your pupils rewrite the text in the speech bubbles into sentences using speech marks? Includes two differentiated versions.
- Speech Marks - A number of useful resources which can be used to teach children about speech marks
- Speech Marks - Use this handy worksheet to reinforce the concept of speech marks. Contributed by Iman Bendjedidi.
- Speech Marks Worksheets - A very useful set of worksheets (PDF) which develop children's use of speech marks. Contributed by Victoria Scale-Constantinou.
- Speech Marks Washing Line - A very useful idea for helping children to understand the use of speech marks. Contributed by Clarice Morley.
- Paragraphs - A useful Powerpoint presentation, giving information about paragraphs. Contributed by Trinity Educational.
- Incident in the Playground - An interesting worksheet (PDF) which helps children to think about their grammar, based on an incident in the playground.
- Passive Voice - Past and Present - An activity sheet that requires children to turn sentences into the passive voice. Contributed by tanjalipovac.
- First Person, Third Person - A worksheet requiring children to decide if sentences are written in the first person or the third person.