- Magnifying Glass Game - Ask your children to use a magnifying to find the hidden words and record them on the related sheet. Contributed by Lisa Warner.
- Magnifying Glass Sheet - Use this sheet to record the words found in the Magnifying Glass game. Contributed by Lisa Warner.
- Speech, Spelling and Reading Help - Activities to give children help with speech, spelling and reading.
- Feeling Words - Use clay to help children to feel the shapes of words they are learning.
- Prediction - Activities to encourage your children to predict when reading and listening to stories.
- Skimming and Scanning - Fun activities encouraging children to search for specific letter groups.
- The Magic Book Bag - Use the magic book bag to encourage children to listen carefully when you are reading to them.
- Cinderella Sequencing - Rearrange these sentences and ask your pupils to sequence them into the correct order. Contributed by Tracey Ibbotson.
- Sequencing Activity - Children have to put a jumbled poem into the correct order by reading carefully (worksheets provided)
- Goldilocks Sequencing - A sequencing activity, based on the well-known story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- Alphabetical Order - PDF containing five lists of Tudor words which children should put into alphabetical order.
- Ordering Books - A fun test to challenge children's ability to put things into alphabetical order.
- What does it mean? - A fun game which reinforce meanings of unusual words.
- Miss out the Vowels! - Write instructions in an unusual way to make children think more carefully!
- 4R - A practical activity which requires good teamwork and Literacy skills.
- Dictionary Search - A fun game which encourages use of the dictionary.
- Are you a Dictionary Whizz? - Different activities to build up dictionary skills. Contributed by Emilie Moon.
- Dictionary Hunt - Can your pupils find these words in their dictionaries and record the pages they found them on? Contributed by Emilie Moon.
- Dictionary Definitions - Will your pupils work out the correction definition in this fun dictionary game?
- Dictionary Game - A great way of encouraging children to familiarise themselves with dictionaries.
- Alphabetical Order - Put these words into alphabetical order, then make up your own alphabet game. Based on words linked to an Art topic.
- My Favourite Books - Encourage children to think about their favourite types of books, using this self-evaluation sheet. Contributed by Kirsty Scott.
- The Book Circle - Share a selection of books, and encourage children to reflect on what they have read.
- Rewarding Reading - Encourage your children to read more, using this brilliant incentive scheme.
- Reading around the Solar System - Encourage regular reading with this simple reward strategy.
- Bookmark Slogans -A selection of slogans which could be used on your own bookmarks.
- Book Review - Use this book review template to encourage your pupils to evaluate the books they are reading. Contributed by Imam Bendjedidi.
- Comparing Books - A template that challenges children to review and compare two books. Contributed by Tracy Nicholas.
- Book Reviews - A presentation with ideas for writing better book reviews. Contributed by Nicky Dyer.
- Sustained Silent Reading - Share the enjoyment of reading with this daily activity.
We Love Reading Banner
The Reading Corner Banner
Our Reading Corner Banner
The Book Corner Banner
Our Book Corner Banner
Drop Everything And Read Poster
Drop Everything And Read Poster