Download our editable computer suite posters and create your own signs and displays for your ICT suites and technology areas.
Using a Visualiser
Visualisers are becoming increasingly common in classrooms. These tools are like a webcam which is permanently connected to your whiteboard / projector and lets you show things to the whole class using the large screen display in your room.
Here are some ideas for using a visualiser in the classroom:
- Demonstrate a close-up technique which would otherwise be difficult to show to the whole class:
- Using a ruler accurately,
- Using a protractor to measure angles accurately,
- Demonstrating an art technique.
- Sharing children’s work with the whole class. This lets everyone see their work in lots of detail and gives the child a chance to have their work displayed to all.
- Showing objects and artefacts in close detail.
- Reviewing / evaluating other children’s work... put an example of a child’s work under the visualiser and ask the other children to comment on it... which parts are strengths? Are there any areas which could be improved? Are there any details which are missing?
- When reading a story to the children, use the visualiser to show them the pictures - turn a regular book into a very big book!
If you have any other ideas, please add them to the comments below!