- Artist of the Month - A brilliant way of helping children to identify different artists and their work.
- Making Comic Books - Use existing comic artists as inspiration for your own comic book work.
- Stars on the Ceiling! - Decorate the ceiling in your class with these star pictures.
- Sunflowers - Create a wonderful sunflower display to decorate your school, using this idea (based on Van Gogh's famous painting).
- The Starry Night - Make your own version of Van Gogh's picture "The Starry Night".
- More Picasso Portraits - Ask your children to use a create their own Picasso-style images easily!
- Picasso Portraits - Create portraits in the style of Picasso using this simple technique.
- Mother Nature Designer Plans (Unit 2B) - A set of plans and images, linked to the QCA Art Unit 2B, based on the work of Andy Goldsworthy. Contributed by Helen Crompton.
- An Urban Landscape - A six week plan, which aims to develop an understanding of an artist's work (LS Lowry) and get children to apply it to their own work based on an urban landscape. Contributed by Jo Churchill.
- Monet Style Art - Create a picture in the style of Monet, using this interesting technique which uses wax and an iron!
- Teach about Monet - A tip to try when teaching children about Monet's work.
- Frank Stella Plans (Unit 2C) - A set of medium term plans and lesson plans, based on the work of Frank Stella, with other themes linked to buildings. Linked resources are also available for download:
- Playing with Colour - A simple, but effective, way of reproducing effects created by Andy Warhol.
- Wassily Kandinsky - A useful introduction to the life and art work of Wassily Kandinsky. Contributed by Zowie Jones.
- Bridget Riley Banner - A display banner with the name 'Bridget Riley' for your Art displays. Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
Find Ideas and Resources linked to popular Art books!
Katie and the Sunflowers
Katie in London
Katie's Picture Show