- Drawing Emotions - How can you draw an emotion? What does "happy" or "angry" look like?
- Picture This plans (Unit 2A) - A complete set of plans, linked to the QCA Art Unit 2A. Contributed by Helen Crompton.
- Feelings Flowers - A wonderful way of encouraging children to think about their feelings.
- Name Designs - Use this simple procedure to create some fabulous designs, based on your own name.
- Our Lives so Far... - A great Art activity, illustrating key points in the lives of your class.
- Making Personal Flags - Make flags which represent each child in your class in a unique way. An excellent way to decorate your classroom.
- Tenby Art Colouring Pages - A set of colouring pages showing a range of wonderful landscapes. Contributed by Dorian Davies.
- Draw a Story - Draw the events of a story on a storyboard, and get another child to make up the text.
- Observing in Detail - Activities designed to get children to look at things more closely.
- Activity Cards - A set of activity cards to base lessons on or to use as imaginative time filler activities for children who finish their work early. Contributed by Michelle Ronksley-Pavia.
- Fireworks Painting - Use marbles and paint to create an impressive fireworks effect!
- Graffiti Lettering 1 - A set of graffiti letters which can be used as a starting point for work linked to graffiti. Contributed by Nic Costello.
- Graffiti Lettering 2 - A second set of graffiti letters which can be used as a starting point for work linked to graffiti. Contributed by Nic Costello.
- Graffiti Lettering 3 - Another set of graffiti letters which can be used as a starting point for work linked to graffiti. Contributed by Nic Costello.
- Craft Activities - A selection of craft activities which can be used as part of work on lots of other concepts. Contributed by Madhushri Ravi.
- Shape Art - Use 2D and 3D shapes to recreate a picture from a newspaper / magazine!
- Talking Textiles - Use Art as a way of expressing historical stories.
- More Talking Textiles - A cross-curricular activity, involving links to Literacy and Geography.
- Self Portraits Display Text - A set of display questions which can be used to encourage children to think about different self portraits. Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
- People in Action Scheme of Work - A six week scheme of work based on the Year 6 QCA unit "People in Action". Includes web addresses of relevant sites.
- People in Action (Facial Expressions) - Children can use the grid to copy the face of a character (Mr. Bean!) with very distinct facial features. Contributed by Danielle Courtier-Jones.
- Footballers in Action - A highly motivating way of looking at, and drawing, people in action.
- Draw through a Magnifying Glass - Use a magnifying glass to help students add detail to their artwork.
- Mixed Media Collage - A highly creative activity involving printing, symmetry, 3D work and composition.
- Making Mice! - Make some wonderful mice mobiles by following these instructions!
- Picture Frames - Make picture frames to show off the children's work, by following these step-by-step instructions.
- Clay Mask Lesson Plan - A lesson plan which serves as a good introduction to working with clay and to portraiture in art. Contributed by Michelle Ronksley-Pavia.
- Shopping Bag Bases - Reuse old shopping bags to make bases for a variety of art projects.
- What a Beautiful Building (KS1/2) - Get your pupils investigating the idea of beauty with this lesson plan that focusses on school buildings. Contributed by Engaging Places.
- Tie and Die - Use wet wipes and elastic bands to create your own tie and die art work.
- Masks Lesson Plan - A lesson plan which can be used when making masks with pupils (linked to the display here). Contributed by Debby Miller.
- Masks Presentation - A PDF presentation which can be used when making masks with your class. A related display can be found here. Contributed by Debby Miller.
- Village Settlers - A set of plans which involve asking children to create their own landscapes (linked to a Geography topic). Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
- Village Settlers - Smart Notebook slides to support the village settlers art plans. Contributed by Rachel Simpson.
- Pumpkin Autobiographies - Ask your children to write an autobiography, and complete this creative Art activity at the same time!
- What a Beautiful Building (KS3/4) - Get your pupils investigating the idea of beauty with this lesson plan that focusses on school buildings. Contributed by Engaging Places.
'Paintings, Pictures and Photographs' Banner
'Art Club' Banner